Our lab is interested in tumor immunology and tumor immunotherapy. Recently research results have been published in Nature Medicine, PNAS, Cancer Cell, Cell Host & Microbe，Molecular Therapy and Journal of Immunology.
Immunotherapy is important therapeutic strategy for both infection diseases and cancer. Recently, cancer immunotherapy has made huge success in clinical and was award the #1 breakthrough of 2013 by Science journal. Our laboratory aims to understand the immune related mechanism in tumor microenvironment and discover new therapeutic target for cancer therapy.
Aim1. Investigate how immune cells (Treg, MDSC, TAM etc) in tumor microenvironment suppress anti-tumor responses;
Aim2. Develop antibody-based anti-tumor immunotherapy;
Aim3. Develop T cell based adoptive cell transfer （CAR-T and TCR-T） therapy for cancer;
Qiang Dai, Ping Han, Xinyue Qi, Fanlin Li, Min Li, Lilv Fan, Huihui Zhang,
Xiaoqing Zhang, Xuanming Yang. 4-1BB Signaling Boosts the Anti-Tumor Activity of CD28-Incorporated 2nd Generation Chimeric Antigen Receptor-Modified T Cells. Front.Immunol., https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2020.539654
- Li, W., et al., cGAS-STING-mediated DNA sensing maintains CD8(+) T cell stemness and promotes antitumor T cell therapy. Sci Transl Med, 2020. 12(549).
- Haiyong Wang, Ping Han, Xinyue Qi, Fanlin Li, Min Li , Lilv Fan, Huihui Zhang,Xiaoqing Zhang and Xuanming Yang.Bcl-2 Enhances Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Persistence by Reducing Activation-Induced Apoptosis.Cancers.(接收）
Xuanming Yang, Xunmin Zhang, Yonglian Sun, Tony Tu, Mendy Miller, Yang-Xin Fu. A BTLA-Mediated Bait and Switch Strategy Permits Listeria Expansion in CD8α(+) DCs to Promote Long-Term T Cell Responses. Cell Host & Microbe. 2014 Jul 9;16(1):68-80
- Xiaohuan Guo, Ju Qiu, Tony Tu, Xuanming Yang, Liufu Deng, Robert A. Anders, Liang Zhou, Yang-Xin Fu. Induction of Innate Lymphoid Cell-Derived Interleukin-22 by the Transcription Factor STAT3 Mediates Protection against Intestinal Infection. Immunity. 2014 Jan 7. pii: S1074-7613(13)00555-4.
- Xuanming Yang, Xunmin Zhang, May Lynne Fu, Ralph R. Weichselbaum, Thomas F. Gajewski, Yajun Guo, Yang-Xin Fu. Targeting the tumor microenvironment with interferon- bridges innate and adaptive immune responses. Cancer Cell. 2014 Jan 13;25(1):37-48.
- Ying He, Jikun Zha, Yamin Wang, Wenhua Liu, Xuanming Yang, and Ping Yu. Tissue damage-associated "danger signals" influence T-cell responses that promote the progression of preneoplasia to cancer. Cancer Res. 2013 Jan 15;73(2):629-39.
- Xuanming Yang, Xunmin Zhang, Eric Mortenson, Olga Radkevich-Brown, Yang Wang, Yang-Xin Fu. Cetuximab-mediated Tumor Regression Depends on Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses. Molecular Therapy. 2013 Jan;21(1):91-100
- Xuanming Yang, Eric D Mortenson , Yang-Xin Fu. Targeting and utilizing primary tumors as live vaccines: changing strategies. Cell Mol Immunol. 2011 Nov 21. doi: 10.1038/cmi.2011.49.
- Qi Da*, Xuanming Yang*, Xiaoqi Li, Youli Xu, Guangxia Gao, Genhong Cheng and Hong Tang. TANK-Binding Kinase 1 Attenuates PTAP-Dependent Retroviral Budding through Targeting Endosomal Sorting Complex Required for Transport-I J Immunol 2011;186;3023-3030 (*, Co-first Author)
- SaeGwang Park, Zhujun Jiang, Eric D. Mortenson, Liufu Deng, Olga Radkevich-Brown, Xuanming Yang, Husain Sattar, Yang Wang, Nicholas K. Brown, Mark Greene, Yang Liu, Jie Tang, Shengdian Wang, Yang-Xin Fu. The therapeutic effect of anti-HER2/neu antibody depends on both innate and adaptive immunity. Cancer Cell. 2010 Aug 9;18(2):160-70.
- Xiaoqi Li, Xuanming Yang, Youli Xu, Xuejun Jiang, Fajun Nan, Hong Tang. Troglitazone inhibits cell proliferation by attenuation of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling independent of Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor gamma. Cell Research. 2009: 720-732).
- Jie Zhao, Xuanming Yang, Sogyong Auh, Kwang Dong Kim, Hong Tang and Yang-Xin Fu. Do adaptive immune cells suppress or activate innate immunity? Trends Immunol. 2009 Jan;30(1):8-12.
- Jie Zhao, Xuanming Yang, Peishuang Du, Hong Tang. T cells regulate initial inflammatory responses during acute infection. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2008, 35(2):129-132
- Jie Zhao*, Kwang Dong Kim*, Xuanming Yang*, Sogyong Auh, Yang-Xin Fu , Hong Tang. Hyper innate responses in neonates lead to increased morbidity and mortality after infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2008, May 27;105 (21):7528-33. (*, Co-first Author)
- Kwang Dong Kim, Jie Zhao, Sogyong Auh, Xuanming Yang, Peishuang Du, Hong Tang &Yang-Xin Fu. Adaptive immune cells temper initial innate responses. Nature Medicine, 2007, Oct;13 (10):1248-52.